Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Observations on driving at 6:00 am

I usually work the "B" shift from 3 to 11 pm. As the regular morning person is out on maternity leave at present, I've been having to work from 7 am to 3 pm a couple times a week. I've made some observations on my morning commute.

1. 5:00 am is way too frickin' early to get out of bed on a cold morning, and 6:00 am is not a fun time to drive in the winter.

2. If one is not driving a large pickup or SUV, one is definitely in the minority on the road.

3. Large pickup and SUVs have obnoxiously bright headlights. And the things are wide enough that at least one of my side mirrors has one of their headlights shining into it as they're tailgating me.

4. If one is doing the posted speed limit, one is driving too slow.

5. Streetlights sort of hurt the eyes after you've been driving in the dark for most of 25 miles. Even the orange ones hurt. Traffic lights when green? OW!

6. Morning DJs are irritatingly chipper for that time of day.

So... there you have it. Some things I've noticed during my morning commute the past few weeks. There's surely lots more, but at this point in time I don't recall.

Ta!

No comments: