Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Is it me, or is the world getting dumber?

I must admit that in my past, I had the fortune to graduate from college. Twice. Not that I'm actually using either of the degrees I have, but that's beside the point. The point of today's post is that I like to read the class notes in my alumni news just to see what people are naming their children. Then I wonder what's wrong with the parents for coming up with the names that they do.

Case in point... got one of the alumni news magazines today and looked through it. Saw that one of my professors got to take part in a Native American burial ceremony for some remains he discovered. Then I went for the birth announcements. After wading through countless pieces of fluff names, I came across one young couple that was blessed with twin boys. I just want to know what the heck they were thinking when they chose the names... Are you ready for this? They named the boys Dakota Doc and Canyon Jack.

I'm sorry, but those names would be appropriate for a couple desperados out in the Old West somewhere. I shudder to think what those two little boys are going to go through as they grow up.

No comments: